Segmentation, Segue, Segway
These are slides from the Institute of Fundraising Supporter Journey Conference 2018.
Here are some notes made from the presentation:
- Under promise to over deliver
- Think about your lapsed regular giving journey. There are (sensitive) reasons why they have lapsed?
- Supporters need to move fluidly along the different segments.
- Find a middle ground internally. Make people understand that this is worth investing in. Everyone’s end goal is the same, we just talk about it in different ways.
- Have monthly/annual meetings with your fundraiser. A working group.
- Supporter led fundraising:
- What will work for you? (the supporter)
- How can we achieve that? (internally)
- What does that look like? (together)
- Synergise communication channels
- Unified approach across teams
- Flexible and fluid journeys and segmentation
- Touchpoints focus on the supporters
- Under promise, over achieve
- Variables are your friend
- Be disciplined
- Plan and allow for the programme to evolve